how to prevent rough in toilet and shower drains from not being plumb?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mjricha

Reaction score
I don't know exactly how to word this, so it is hard to search for an answer. I have looked all over and can't seem to find an answer.

I am roughing in a master bath on a slab. I will be using 4" pvc for the toilet and 2" for the shower drain. the sink will drain into the main stack.

there is very little give to 4" pvc, so when I am setting the slope in the ground under the slab, common sense (I think?) would tell me that since I am using a long sweep 90, the vertical pipe to the flange would be out of plumb to the same degree as the underground slope. Is there a trick to prevent this? this would go for the shower drain slope as well. I'm sorry if my question is confusing, I drew a picture to help me explain. Thanks for any help!

IMG_20180605_021528.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Fittings are made with a built in 2% grade to them.
Also..........fittings are interference fit. They don't slide together until there is glue on the pipe and the inside of the hub.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks