How to patch small holes in shower pan?

Users who are viewing this thread

fwca

Reaction score
My shower pan has some small holes which were caused by dropping of shampoo bottles. They are about 1/4 inch in diameter. What I can use to patch these holes?

Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Is this a fiberglass pan? Acrylic? If the thing was bedded in mortar, it wouldn't deflect and the bottle would have either broken (they don't have glass ones anymore), or bounced without doing much of anything. At this point, you might get a temporary fix with some silicon, but it won't last or look great. If you took it out, you might be able to make a reliable patch, but then trying to refinish the inside to look good takes skill, and the cost likely more than replacing it.

fwca

Reaction score
I think it is a fiberglass pan. I tried to patch the holes with silicon but it wears out pretty quick.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Your original and current problem is flex. Seals don't like flex. Plus, after it has been flexed enough, it is likely the fiberglass fibers have broken, and can wick internally and leak. It's really hard for a non-pro to make a repair, and reproducing the gell-coat finish even harder.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Where's Billy Mays when we need him. He probably had a tube of Zip Zop that would patch that, and take the dents out of your fender.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ANY shower pan that could be damaged by dropping a bottle on it is probably too flimsy to be worth repairing. BUT, if you look in the telephone book under "fiberglass repairs" there are usually several companies that repair tubs and showers.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks