How to mount 1" copper pipe horitontally

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hey there,
I wanted to mount 1' copper pipe about 10' along the outside of an interior wall. I was hoping not to suspend the pipe from the ceiling. I would like the pipe to be flush against the wall. Should I cut some small 2x2s and secure them to studs and let the heavy pipe lay on top of a 2x2 blocks. Or use copper pipe clamps? The 2 hole copper pipe clamps don't seem so strong to hold up 10' of water filled copper pipe. It is a horizontal run. I am not familiar with copper pipe clamps so wanted to see if anyone could shed some lite on these.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I prefer the plastic ones as the pipe can slide through them easier and is less likely to make any noises as it expands/contracts with temperature change, but either should work.
plastic pipe hanger.jpg
nibco-pipe-hangers-c624hd1-64_400_compressed.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
6 ft per my code for copper tube 3 clamps all you need, plastic clamps, copper clamps works perfect . take your choice I use whichever suits me best at the time plastic should be quieter as Jadnashua stated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks