How to get water heater replacement under warranty

Users who are viewing this thread

Curiousv

Reaction score
I have 2 years old water heater ...Bradford white...
when I called their cust. service they said..first I need to have local plumber and diagnose ..and if they decides it needs replacement ..they will take it away and give u replacement...

In all of this ..labor will not be covered by Bradford white...

Is there any better option? I can replace water heater myself ..I know tank has a leak so can I avoid local plumber and his labor ?

I mean can I take it directly to Bradford white dealer or supply house locally and get a replacement unit myself?

Phog

Reaction score
You're probably going to have a difficult time doing the replacement without at least some out of pocket cost. I know it doesn't feel right to have to pay a plumber's service call fee just to have him look & certify the tank is faulty. But that's significantly less than you'd be charged if you have the plumber do all the work. Some plumbers, but not all, will do the warranty replacement for free IF they were the original installer. The ones who do this are never the cheapest upfront & this is because they factor the cost of future warranty callbacks into the upfront price. Usually only large plumbing houses who are concerned about reputations, customer satisfaction and repeat business instead of bottom line lowest price. No one works for free and tank warrantys always explicitly state only the unit is covered and exclude labor. Sorry.

Reach4

Reaction score
I mean can I take it directly to Bradford white dealer or supply house locally and get a replacement unit myself?
How about the place you bought the WH from... did you ask them?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Labor is never part of the warranty.
Somebody has to tell the manufacturer that this WH is defective for them to act, somebody like a lic plumber.
Do as Reach4 says and talk to the mgr of the place you bought it from, maybe he can get you some help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks