How to fix water main supply line

Users who are viewing this thread

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think tuttle is right about the pipe being ovaled soft copper. A sharkbite could very easily leak if the pipe is out of round and/or the o ring inside gets dinged on the way on.

Re-rounding it and solder is really the best way. Compression or pro press will also work but getting the fittings onto the pipe will be difficult if the pipe is to far out of round.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Thanks for the idea! I just checked on their website and I'm responsible for everthing on my property. unfortunately.
I think I posted that and someone said the water department is responsible.

Sorry to have someone give you erroneous advice.

I testified several times at depositions stating the building owner is normally responsible

"Some localities such as NYC does not require a shut-off outside the building if the main is 2" or less UNLESS requested on the original installation.

The curb valve is the property owner's responsibility in some areas. Better check before attempting to shut it"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks