How to find this furnace blower motor

Users who are viewing this thread

teacct3

Reaction score
This is a blower motor from a Day and Night forced air furnace from around mid 1960. It has a 5-pin connector that allows 4 speeds.

I am unable to find any motor that is compatible with this 5-pin connector. Any ideas? Thank you.

blower fan 2.jpg blower fan 1.jpg

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
I get that cash isn't falling from the sky, but are you sure a furnace old enough for it's own AARP card is even worth fixing? Even if you found something to make it work, the money might be better applied toward a new, more appropriately sized furnace. A typical lifecycle for residential hot air furnaces is more like 25 years, after which anything other than the most minor maintenance & repairs are usually a poor investment. This thing is twice that age.

Furnaces are typically more than 3x larger than needed, and while they heat the place they're less comfortable and noisier than something with 1.4x (or less) output capacity than the heating load at the 99% outside design temperature. At ASHRAE's recommended 1.4x oversize factor on the 99% load you still have sufficient capacity to be able to use overnight setback strategies without glacially slow recovery times, and enough to cover the load during Polar Vortex cold snaps.

If replacement is the path you end up on, run these numbers first to right-size it. Most houses with 125-200,000BTU/hr furnaces can be heated with a 40,000-60,000 BTU/hr condensing furnace, but not all. Some are even better off with a 30K furnace.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks