How to determine what size Fleck softener is needed

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by John19, Jun 14, 2019 at 12:50 PM.

1. John19

John19 New Member

I've read good reviews on the Fleck water softeners, but I'm totally in the dark on what size to get... specially since I would have to install it myself, etc.
    I hope to get our water tested Monday, so I'll know more then.. We have 7 ppl in our family atm.
    Is there a chart somewhere that could help me out? (I've read some pages about the grains in capacity (like https://www.aquatell.com/pages/how-to-properly-size-a-water-softener), but they totally confuse me...)

Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

What is the hardness of your water? That is a big factor. City water or well water? If well water, how much iron?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Water systems designer, R&D, Technical Director