How to connect horizontal, vertical 90 to horizontal again

Users who are viewing this thread

Markst

Reaction score
Hello, I'm trying to change the current drain if possible (see pic). It will go from horizontal step down out of the joists to go against the wall under the joist make a 90 and go horizontal again.

I was thinking to use a wye fitting with a long sweep 90 (see pic). On the left it would pick up a kitchen sink drain.

On the right side it would go to a double sanitary tee and pick up another toilet then go down vertically with the clean out. Bent is up stream about 6 feet from wall. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 62617.jpeg
    62617.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 62602.jpeg
    62602.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 155

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Without comment on venting upstream or downstream, the configuration you show is fine for drainage. You could use a quarter bend into the branch of the wye if preferred, since the outlet of the 90 is considered "vertical".

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks