how to connect an extender to the flange

Users who are viewing this thread

NoEffort

Reaction score
If you get the flange to the proper height, do not use 2 wax rings or a thick one. The extra wax is not necessary and it will increase the possibility of failure of the wax ring. Also, do not use the wax ring with the plastic horn. Do us stainless steel screws to anchor everything down. Stainless steel is stronger than brass and will not corrode or rust like regular steel. Yes, they do cost more, but this is not the place to save pennies. Skip a latte if money is a problem. ;)
Curious, why not use a wax ring with a plastic horn?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
horn

They cause a restriction and encourage splashing, either of which can cause leak problems. Wax rings with horns cause more problems than they cure.

erich

Reaction score
I used to go into aurora cycle all the time back in the day when i had my bike, distant memories...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks