How to clean out well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
3 ft diameter, or 4 inch diameter?

20 ft deep or 300 ft deep?

Reach4

Reaction score
For 6 inch, you might think something like 275 cfm (cubic ft per minute). This would be a big towed unit.

With your 6 inch casing, you might not have to get the pump pulled. I am not a pro.

Reach4

Reaction score
I have a 185 cfm. Do you think that is enough?
Impressive. Some people think a 10 cfm is a big compressor. If you have it, I suspect it would work. How do you think you would get get the air down the well? 1 inch PVC? Poly pipe? I saw it done with 1 inch threaded schedule 80 with a 275. That was maybe a 150 ft well with a 5 inch casing.

Take a movie as you turn the compressor on.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
1" pipe may work, but the larger the pipe the better the air will do. 2" pipe in 6" casing leaves less room and makes the air move faster. When you have all the air you want, small pipe works fine.

Reach4

Reaction score
Another factor would be the static water level.

I don't know how to apply the numbers, but a high static level would make it easier to lift the debris out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks