How to change a toilet water supply line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Argoisin

Reaction score
I’m looking for some diy help on changing a toilet water supply line. The line is not hooked up to a shut off valve at the source, it just goes into the wall and is shut off at a panel in the bedroom. All the videos I’ve seen online just show how to change the lines that are screwed off at the valve and replaced. Since mine has no valve to screw off of I’m assumimg I have to cut the line and attach a new connector. Just not sure the steps to take. Here’s a photo of what needs changed. The washer corroded and is leaking water.

Attachments

• DE92D73E-D7B1-409E-B551-B90BE59E1099.jpeg
    DE92D73E-D7B1-409E-B551-B90BE59E1099.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 290

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks like you have poly piping in the house. That'll take an extra fitting to make the transition to another kind of pipe.

Depot usually has the transitional Shark bite coupling that pushes onto poly on one side and everything else on the other.

Push a stub of "other" on the other side (copper, pex, or cpvc), then push a stop onto the stub. Attach a regular supply line to the stop then hook it up to the toilet.

All this is predicated on your line being 1/2 inch.

Didn't say this was going to be beautiful.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks