How to adjust hot/cold on an older style Delta 470 faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

AdrianeS

Reaction score
I have an older style Delta 470 single handle faucet and the water comes out either blazing hot or ice cold. I don't get a good mix for warm water at all. Is there a way to adjust this? I do not have the model with the cartridge that has an adjustment on it, I've got the older style ball valve. All the instructions I can find just show how to adjust it on the cartridge.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The ball is supposed to have openings that when placed between the full hot or full cold will mix the water somewhere in between. I have seen limiting devices for limiting the amount of hot water, but if it didn't come with that limiter it wouldn't have any kind of adjustment.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Maybe try to replace the whole assembly. But you gotta be very careful they break easily.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks