How to add air to a bladder less tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Vanessa Sousa

Reaction score
I have a galvanized tank what is the nut on the top of the tank for or do?? It was working great then just no water . What do I do?? Also on the on off box when power is off I test it with a electrical tester and one side is showing hot is that supposed to do that ??

Vanessa Sousa

Reaction score
15631483030571696009069.jpg 15631483656131380661166.jpg

Vanessa Sousa

Reaction score
Oh ok so my next question the tank is all hot to touch so no water in it right? And when I turn on spicket next to it it's just air coming out how do I get water in the tank ?

shane21

Reaction score
On the gray box where the two red reset buttons are located, there should be a label on the lower lip indicating the horsepower, amperage voltage etc. of the system. Locate the voltage box on that tag and see what voltage the system needs to operate.

***If working in a live electrical box make sure you do so with with caution please***

Next, inside the power disconnect, or "on/off box" as you described it in your fist post, with the switch set to the "off" position you should have power across the two screw terminals toward the top, above the fuses, where the black and red (or possibly orange, hard to tell in the pic) wires connect, equivalent to the voltage label on the control box. When you throw the switch to the "on" position you should then have the same power across the screw terminals at the bottom of the fuses. If you don't then you may have a blown fuse. If you have proper power through the disconnect then you probably have a bad control box or a wiring/pump issue as valveman and boycedrilling indicated.

You can search the internet for instructions on how to ohm check the capacitor, relay, overload resets etc in that control box if you have the proper meters and understand how to read the troubleshooting instructions. If not, you will then need to just start replacing parts or call a well pump service man to come take a look at it for you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks