How severe is the leak to my tankless WH?

Users who are viewing this thread

SammyClemens

Reaction score
Hello --

I'm a homeowner and my Navien NCB-E Condensing combi-boiler has a small leak at the fitting (bushing? apologies for any incorrect terminology) where the main heating return line goes back into the boiler. I know it's not condensation because it drips from the threading, leaving maybe one to two tablespoons of water on the floor per day. Some days there is none at all.

Is this an urgent problem? It's been like that for a couple months. Given the current state of things my normal plumber is not available, so I'm wondering if I can wait until he is working again, or if this is the kind of thing that will get worse if not addressed quickly. The water on the floor is not a problem, if it stays the same as it has been for the last few weeks... it's in a utility room with a sealed concrete floor.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

(If it's not clear from the image, it leaks just below where the yellow hose ends on the right...the discoloration is rust and moisture)

boiler leak.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks