How severe is the leak to my tankless WH?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by SammyClemens, Mar 25, 2020.

1. SammyClemens

SammyClemens New Member

Hello --

I'm a homeowner and my Navien NCB-E Condensing combi-boiler has a small leak at the fitting (bushing? apologies for any incorrect terminology) where the main heating return line goes back into the boiler. I know it's not condensation because it drips from the threading, leaving maybe one to two tablespoons of water on the floor per day. Some days there is none at all.

Is this an urgent problem? It's been like that for a couple months. Given the current state of things my normal plumber is not available, so I'm wondering if I can wait until he is working again, or if this is the kind of thing that will get worse if not addressed quickly. The water on the floor is not a problem, if it stays the same as it has been for the last few weeks... it's in a utility room with a sealed concrete floor.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

(If it's not clear from the image, it leaks just below where the yellow hose ends on the right...the discoloration is rust and moisture)

boiler leak.jpg

2. fullysprinklered

fullysprinklered In the Trades

self-employed plumber-electrician doing residentia
    That's a union. You may be able to just tighten it up a bit.

SammyClemens and Reach4 like this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

SammyClemens and Reach4 like this.
  4. SammyClemens

SammyClemens New Member

That worked, thanks!

5. fullysprinklered

fullysprinklered In the Trades

self-employed plumber-electrician doing residentia
    I like them easy ones.