Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
How Plumbing (Not vaccines) eradicatred disease

Vaccines get all the glory, but most plumbers will tell you that it was water infrastructure – sewage systems and clean water – that eradicated disease, and they’re right.

A nice article about the health improvements brought about by plumbing. Chicago was a major turning point too. A lot of what we use in plumbing codes was original to Chicago.

http://www.organiclifestylemagazine.com/how-plumbing-not-vaccines-eradicated-disease

medieval-doctors.jpg

Last edited:

DiyChristopher

Reaction score
How Plumbing (Not vaccines) eradicatred disease

Vaccines get all the glory, but most plumbers will tell you that it was water infrastructure – sewage systems and clean water – that eradicated disease, and they’re right.

A nice article about the health improvements brought about by plumbing. Chicago was a major turning point too. A lot of what we use in plumbing codes was original to Chicago.

http://www.organiclifestylemagazine.com/how-plumbing-not-vaccines-eradicated-disease

Absolutely on the mark Terry! Wow I was surprised to see your post; I just signed up as a new member. You know this most vital vaccine/disease history fact while few doctors or health care workers even know this! The myth that vaccines somehow eradicated disease is one of the biggest myths of all time. Also, the AMA literally erased from the medical books the history of disease and vaccines which clearly shows that disease rates dropped way before the so called vaccines were "invented" as in the case of Diptheria, Pneumonia, Measles, Scarlet Fever, Tuberculosis, Typhoid, Whooping Cough, Poliomyelitis, Influenza and more. In fact the famous Lancaster Experiment proved yet again that lifestyle differentiates getting disease or not. Doctors do not even know this gravely important fact about vaccine and disease history. This is the first forum I ever signed up to, and I find out that the administrator knows more than most physicians- amazing!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
This is the first forum I ever signed up to, and I find out that the administrator knows more than most physicians- amazing!

I love my clean water, waste disposal methods and my vaccines. Most of us are doing both things right. I hope you are. Cheers.
I should probably schedule my second Shingles shot.
I hope you bothered to read the article that I linked to and at least saw what I was interested in sharing.

My brother James Packard Love's part in helping Africa get vaccines.

Last edited:

Callumlyne

Reaction score
Plumbers are the unsung heroes in this story, not only do they help eliminate disease, but they also prevent the very spreading of it in the first place.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Before the link between bacteria, viruses and disease was discovered, absolutely, clean water and sewage systems made a big difference, but as one can see from the latest pandemic, the advent of vaccines plays a big part in it too. Good sanitation is critical as well. You need both. Diseases transmitted through the air person-to-person don't much care about sanitation and what we found, at least with this virus, transfer via touch while possible, isn't as contagious via surfaces others have touched...the virus lives awhile in the air and on surfaces, but not forever.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Plumbers are the unsung heroes in this story, not only do they help eliminate disease, but they also prevent the very spreading of it in the first place.
Actually, brewers were instrumental in curtailing water borne disease. The fermentation and alcohol sanitized the drinking water.

Drink beer. Water is for bathing.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Disease, other than most cancers, is mostly transmitted either by air or water. Plumbing made a huge contribution to limiting waterborne disease.

GL77

Reaction score
Plumbing has played a huge role in the development of civilization. We tend to take all of these advancements for granted and forget how much we have to be thankful for in the lifestyle we have today.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks