How many turns in a sink drain pipe. ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Kate Hathaway

Reaction score
PdXjQYzct2DAtXto7
We are putting in a new vanity. ..the old drain pipe had an aerator so we figure we need one on the new one but the new vanity has drawers that limit what we can do with the pipe. I think I have a configuration that will work with the drawers and limits but it has a lot of turns to fit the aerator and p trap....will this work. ..looking for advice before I glue it all. .. :p

Attachments

• 20160227_204447.jpg
    20160227_204447.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 419

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That device is called an AAV, and ideally, you'd have a taller stub on it to raise it higher up near the bottom of the counter while still being able to remove it when it eventually fails. The turns in the trap itself to the trap arm don't count, but from the trap arm, if I remember properly, if you have more than 135-degrees of turn, you need a cleanout.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks