How many plumbing fixtures can 3/4" supply handle

Users who are viewing this thread

Adam71

Reaction score
I am upgrading my current standard shower to a spa shower and would also like to turn the bedroom next to it into an upstairs laundry. I have 3/4" copper tube supply from the street and it runs upstairs to two bathrooms. In the master bath, the tub taps off the 3/4 supply trunk with a 1/2" tube, same with the double sinks, but the soon to be spa shower with a thermostatic control valve and 3 volume control valves are all sized at 3/4 and reduced to 1/2" at the fixtures. The previous shower was reduced to 1/2".

In the next door bathroom the 3/4" continues through the floor, up the wall and then reduces down to 1/2" in the wall and it supplies a sink, toilet, standard shower, and the master bath toilet. What I would like to do is tee off the 3/4" supply trunk before the spa shower and continue it into the next bedroom and move the laundry upstairs; but I am worried I have too many fixtures for the supply, especially with the higher demand from the 3 new spa valves.

The length of the run from where the 3/4" enters my house to the water heater is 30', from water heater to upstairs master bath is 26', and then 15' in the upstairs floor and walls to the fixtures. I want to add another 7' through the floor for a washer in the next room.

I never had any pressure issues with the old set up that included 1 tub, 2 showers, 3 sinks, and 2 toliets; so will adding the washer supply line in addition to upgrading one of the showers to a 3/4" supply be too much demand for 3/4"?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks