How I love the "google plumbers""

Users who are viewing this thread

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com

When someone googles "plumbing repairs" ......and then totally destroys their own plumbing system..... and then argues with me about how to make repairs to their plumbing mess ..

Terry , do you have this happen much up in beautiful Seattle???.

80365032_2165472673554203_1201904627365183488_n.png

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I used to give advice for an Australian web site during the 1990's but once the administrator started allowing gas piping installations being answered by anyone I said it is time for me to leave.

I was in Manhattan 3 weeks ago as someone was told to open a clean out to get access to a waste line over a kitchen area .

Great advice except the 6" line was totally blocked 2 stories up and once they removed the Jim cap (Illegal ) the sewerage came spewing out all over the kitchen and poured into the lobby and they could not place the cap back because of the pressure .

Some advice givers state " if it is not inspected its ok" not realizing creating a code violation will bite someone later on when they go to sell their home or can cause health issues because a code was not followed

One case I am on now a man asked how to clear his kitchen sink of grease

A neighbor next door said

"Turn your water heater to the maximum temperature setting and let the hot water run" .

The sink over flowed and he was several scalded as he was stupid to turn on the extremely hot water and walked away as he was told "let it run"

People are victims and no one takes personal responsibility anymore

Now some facts came out at a deposition when 2 toddlers were scalded to death

The tenant complained there was no heat in the children bed room another tenant suggested they remove the air vent to allow air to escape faster so the radiator will get hot. The moron removed the air vent (Hoffman #40) and nothing happened (steam was not being called for)

Guy left his kids alone 1 and 2 years old and went out to talk to someone in the building

The heat came on and both children were scalded to death from the live steam entering the tiny bed room

Taylorjm

Reaction score
Very unfortunate how people will mess with hot water and steam when they have no clue what they are doing. On the other hand, unscrewing a 6" cleanout filled with two stories worth of sewage, well, that kinda serves the idiot right. I noticed on my septic system there's a cleanout heading out of the house to the tank in the basement. I always thought that was a stupid place for a cleanout because if the septic system is clogged, when you unscrew the cap you will get all the sewage in the house, plus anything at the top of the septic tank coming in the basement. I always thought a septic cleanout was a raised pipe outside of the house in the line to the septic tank.

Reach4

Reaction score
On the other hand, unscrewing a 6" cleanout filled with two stories worth of sewage, well, that kinda serves the idiot right. I noticed on my septic system there's a cleanout heading out of the house to the tank in the basement. I always thought that was a stupid place for a cleanout because if the septic system is clogged, when you unscrew the cap you will get all the sewage in the house, plus anything at the top of the septic tank coming in the basement. I always thought a septic cleanout was a raised pipe outside of the house in the line to the septic tank.

The cleanout for the septic is above the septic tank. It should be pumped periodically based on stuff. You first septic cleanout should be earlier than you think, and the experienced septic guy will be able to estimate based on that, how often you should get your tank pumped.

The cleanout you are looking at is for cleaning out the path to the tank. But yes, you could have a big load built up. Since most clogs are not complete, letting things sit overnight may minimize how much comes out when you open that cleanout. A garbage can with a drum liner might be good to put under that before opening.

But having a cleanout outside of the foundation would be nicer.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
The job I was called for as an expert witness in Manhattan is a Luxury hotel in mid town

I cannot imagine the chaos when they let the 6" go full flow in the high class kitchen

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
So last summer, I get a call from someone flipping a house in the middle of town... This guy had hired
a bunch of dumb asses who did not know what they were doing and he asked me to go up there and look the
place over to see how bad it was because they got red- tagged for plumbing problems....

I arrive to see a couple o f shady looking yay-hoos standing around acting all upset that the owner called me to
come up and bail them out of troubles......... I was packing a gun---

the place was a mess with easy to spot things like no traps on the shower bases on the second floor... I spotted that the
moment I walked in....... I loooked around and saw that their was no venting for basically 2 full bathrooms

then the arguments and debate began with the plumbing foreman I told him what they
needed to do to pass inspection in this state and he pulls out his phone and GOOGLES plumbing
wet venting on his phone and says that this what GOOGLE says will pass.......:p:p:p

At that point I just wanted to get away from these fellows and not return.....
I called the owner who is some dumbass man with money in Florida and told him
that he had a mess on his hands and these guys did not know their asses from a hole in the ground...
and I did not want anything more to do with this god awful mess.....
So, he calls them up on the phone and tells them what I said and the plumbing foreman calls me
and starts jumping up and down on the phone with me ..........

I told him good luck, I think the home is still sitting vacant but whomever buys that place will
have a plumbing mess on their hands some day... Thanks to GOOGLE....

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
The job I was called for as an expert witness in Manhattan is a Luxury hotel in mid town

I cannot imagine the chaos when they let the 6" go full flow in the high class kitchen

Just wondering , was it a real plumber or just some dumbass that took out that plug and flooded the whole place??
Who got to pay the bill ???

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks