How high for the shower nipple for the shower head??

Users who are viewing this thread

silverfox

Like to build Frank Lloyd Wright Houses
Reaction score
Hi Again Folks....My second question. The Moen shower control I am installing recommends that the shower drop ear elbow that holds the shower head nipple should be 78" above the floor. I'm assumming that they mean above the shower floor. Anyway...the owners of the house are short and the other shower in the house has the nipple 68" off the tub floor. They like that a lot. I'm short, too, and I like that height as well. Except for taller visitors....is there any reason I can't install this shower with the shower head nipple 69" or 70" off the shower floor?? Are there other problems that I can't think of?
Thanks a lot for any help you can offer.
Mike

Prashster

Reaction score
It'll only be a potential issue for taller guests or purchasers of your home.

silverfox

Like to build Frank Lloyd Wright Houses
Reaction score
Thanks prashster....good point about a potential new owner if they decide to sell the house someday.
Mike

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
If it's your house, you can put it anywhere you like. If you try to sell the house to a 6'8" or 4'8" couple, give them one of those fancy adjustable-height shower-arm gizmos so they can put it where they want it, or install one of those in the first place. We have a double shower with showerheads and niches at different heights. Most male friends have commented that it looks weird, but their wives think it's great.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A hand-held shower mounted to a sliding rod is very handy...you can set it to the height you want, and then take if off to rinse off the tub or yourself in places that you normally can't reach...highly recommended. Basically, you set the nipple where you want, then put on a trim piece with a vacuum breaker that attaches to the hose that goes to the shower which you place in the holder on the rod. Lots companies make them...I've got a Grohe unit that I like.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks