How do you remove the cover on a PVC toilet flange?

Users who are viewing this thread

diecastdawg

Reaction score
How do you remove the temporary cover on a PVC toilet flange? Mine has a tab on top, but when I try to twist it off, it won't budge. Thanks.

3m

Reaction score
The tab is to hold onto it while you smack it with a hammer to keep it from dropping into the drain. I usually take a flat screwdriver and start it breaking then lightly tap it with a hammer all the way around

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Those test plates are still fused pretty good to the toilet flange, so you will need a few hard hits with a hammer to bash it free. Once you bash a hole into it, you can usually rip the rest off with a pair of pliers to be on the safe side; you have to be careful that you don't accidentally hit the flange portion with the hammer and crack it!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks