how do we get air out of deep well water?

Users who are viewing this thread

shooeynewton

Reaction score
have deep well with blatter tank in basement. when you fill a glass it is cloudy but air disapates. Tested for methane - no. worst in hot water air accumulate in tank. spurts and pops and temperature changes when using - not continuous.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Sounds like a good well for a plain, standard tank.. It will take most of the air out and keep itself charged.

jimtum

AAW
Reaction score
you may have a galvanized set up with a bladder tank, and that may explain the air or you may have a hole in the diaphram in the bladder tank and the air from above the bladder is coming through the bladder. You can tell if you have a hole in the tank by checking the air valve with the tank empty. You can also check and see if the tank has water in it when it is empty by shaking the tank be careful not to break any pipes. If you hear water sloshing around inside the tank then your bladder is bad and this may be the cause of your air in the house.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Good point that he might have an air add valve in the well from an old plain tank install. But a bad bladder tank just injects muck and yuck into the water, and the air is almost instantly absorbed by the water, unless he is adding air with an air coompressor system.

But the bottle test with tons of bubbles in it is like a well that I have. I use plain tanks and they never waterlog, natural air addition from the natural sparkling water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks