How do I use Hydrostatic Cement for minor basement flooding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Wombat

Reaction score
I have some very minor flooding in a small commercial building.
When it rains hard, about a 1/2 of water comes in from a 3 by 3 foot corner of the basement which is. The basement is only 1/2 underground.
I was thinking about using Hydraulic Cement. However, I see it is mostly applied to cracks
1. Should I cut into the edge between the floor and the wall to create a crack?
2. Should I sand the walls before applying?
3. What power tools or tools do I need?

Attachments

• basement_flooding2-compressed-2.png
    basement_flooding2-compressed-2.png
    155.1 KB · Views: 205
  • basement_flooding1-compressed-2.png
    basement_flooding1-compressed-2.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 202

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That may not resolve your problem! Actually sealing that area may just force the water to come out in areas you didn't seal. It's hard to seal that kind of leak from the inside. If there are gutters outside, adding extensions to make them discharge further away from the building can help as can regrading to ensure there's slope away from the building. French drains may help move the water away from the building.

Hydraulic cement expands some when it cures, so you need something mechanical to keep it in place...you need sort of a dovetail shape which would allow any pressure to try to make it tighter. Usually, you need to address this from outside, or build a perimeter drain to drain it away to somewhere you don't care about.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks