How do I turn my well/pressure tank off??

Users who are viewing this thread

ghstber

Reaction score
Hello! This may not be in the right place, but I put it here because I believe that my well/tank system is going to come into play.

I purchased a home back in October (so far so good, mostly) and now that things are warming up and I'm getting my swamp coolers in order, I noticed that the spigot which feeds the small black tubing which feeds the coolers is leaking!

At this point, I'm trying to replace the spigot, but I'm uncertain how to shut off my system completely. You can see images of the spigot here:

http://imgur.com/a/rUGK2

There is a shutoff valve towards the left of the setup (black in color) that will turn off the water going into the house. The spigot is between that point and the well. How do I shut off the water to this spigot so I can replace it?

Reach4

Reaction score
Power goes to the pressure switch (the grey box with the Square D insignia), and then other wires go from the pressure switch to the pump. A submersible pump would be down the well. A non-submersible pump you could hear when it runs. What you want to do is to figure out which breaker in your breaker panel turns off the power to the pump. It may be a 240 tandem breaker or it might be a single breaker for a 120 volt pump.

There is a good chance that the breaker positions are listed in a label inside the door of the breaker panel. When the pump breaker is off, you will be able to drop the water pressure to zero.

ghstber

Reaction score
To everyone who replied, thank you for your help! I shut off the main breaker for my property and the pressure quickly fell. After a change of the spigot, I hit the breaker again and pressure came right back. Thanks again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks