How do I test those water level indicator wires -- we have REALLY hard water and....

Users who are viewing this thread

CoyoteUgly12020

Reaction score
Hey.

We have a deepwater submersible pump that delivers 5gpm into a 1000 gal nonpressurized tank. In the basement is this 4' vertical pvc with two of those sensors going into it for high and low.
No Problems for 20 years then one day the water is gushing out the top of that pvc with the sensors. In a panic I called a plumber and have started down an incredibly expensive replacement of all electronics etc etc.

And still, the original sensors that (it seems to me) failed are in the pvc. And we still have to turn the deep pump on by hand.

How can I check to see if those sensors are ok? We have really really hard sulpher water and the sensors have like green crud on them.

I know how to use a multimeter. But i saw something about impedance, or can I just check continuity?

Reach4

Reaction score
But i saw something about impedance, or can I just check continuity?

Do you have a model number or instruction sheet for the sensor that you are trying to troubleshoot? How about a model or photo of the "electronics". I suggest you collect all of the info when you get things repaired or replaced. I won't be familiar with it, but those that are would probably need more to work with than it's in a piece of 4-inch PVC pipe. I would concentrate on identifying the electronics.

Maybe you should add a float switch in series with the power to the pump in case the sensor or electronics fail in the future.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks