How do I repair a flush valve leak?

Users who are viewing this thread

Montalvo

Reaction score
I've got a nine year old Toto Carrollton 1.6GPF toilet that suddenly started leaking from the bottom of the tank, where the water line connects to the flush valve. It appears that the seal at the bottom of the flush valve is bad. I removed the valve, sanded around the hole on the inside of the tank and replaced it, tightening it thoroughly but no improvement.

The black seal at the bottom of the valve was intact but small flakes of rubber came off it when rubbed. Can I buy just the seal or do I have to replace the entire valve (the Toto parts page from the link below doesn't show it as a separate item)? And if I have to replace the valve, am I better off getting a genuine Toto replacement of can I buy a generic one at Home Depot?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

http://www.totousa.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=930

Montalvo

Reaction score
Thanks, hj. You can tell that I HAVEN'T "been plumbing a long, long time."

I'll check out the Delta valve.

Thanks again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks