How do I Install Toilet Flange to Stubbed Pipe in Concrete Slab

Users who are viewing this thread

kailor

Reaction score
I need to install a toilet in my new garage. The finished floor is the slab itself. I have cut off the 4" PVC stubbed pipe basically at the slab surface and when I lay a level across the top of the pipe/slab I see that I don't have a perfectly level surface across the slab and pipe. Before I cut the pipe off at the floor, the pipe showed to be very true and perfectly plumb. I have a few questions.

1. Can I use an angle grinder to level the slab/pipe area? If so, what type of grinding wheel? Or should I use an oscillating tool?
2. What is the best type of flange to use? One with a metal ring on top of PVC (one piece)? I know how to align the bolt slots. The flange I will use is the kind that will fit down into the stubbed 4" PVC pipe (Oatey, Sioux Chief, etc.).
3. Is PVC cement enough or do I need to drill holes and further secure the flange with tap-con screws (or please suggest some other type of fastener)? If so, How many flange holes should I utilize to do this?

All help is appreciated and thanks in advance.
Keith

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If the pipe is 4", you will be fine with any of the flange varieties which seal to the inside of the pipe, and have a stainless steel ring to secure to the floor. Make sure to line up the t-bolt stots properly so the the bowl will be straight when installed when you mark where the holes are to go. Tapcons rust away, so I prefer to drill holes for lead concrete anchors, and use stainless steel screws.

Reach4

Reaction score
You could also use Push-Tite Gasketed Closet Flange (887-GPM). It could be unscrewed later, although the need for that is unlikely.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks