How do I bolt down a new sink?

Users who are viewing this thread

rleroux

Reaction score
I have purchased an 30 inch American Classics Euro Vanity Combination from HD. The cabinet and the sink come in one box. The sink is “cultured marbleâ€. Everything is in place and appears properly plumbed. We began using it last night and everything works fine.

The issue is the sink seems to just sit in the vanity cabinet. Gravity and pipes are the only thing holding the sink in place. I had expected to find a system to bolt it down similar to what I have seen with stainless steel sinks I have attached to counter tops in the past. But there doesn't seem to be any clips, clamps, etc. If I push on the sides of the sink now, I can move it around a bit.

Is there a way to hold this sink in place? Perhaps I should caulk it down…?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would run a bead of RTV Silicone around the top of the vanity where it contacts the sink. Use denatured alcohol to clean the excess away. Let it sit for 24 hours without movement to set up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks