How could I have done thos better?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by slamdunk, Mar 7, 2021.

1. slamdunk

slamdunk New Member

Hi,

my 90 yr old bathroom sink had a galvanized drain pipe that went three feet horizontally to the vent stack. Over the past thirty years, I have had to snake it several times. It finally developed pin holes on bottom of pipe that I was able to see with a borescope camera.

My fix was to cut & cap the old pipe and install new pvc vertically @30" but then horizontal for fifteen inches. No pitch on the 15". . How could have I done it differently so there would be some slope? 94AF75C6-EA1D-4EFF-9CC2-D0D871B45F76.jpeg