How can I correct the Wall Mount faucet depth?

Users who are viewing this thread

ckatz

Reaction score
My plumber installed the wall mount faucet but didn't take into account that a solid surface backsplash. This, coupled with a sink that was set too far forward and a poorly designed vanity means that there is barely an inch between the back of the sink and the water. Makes for a messy counter EVERY time. Its been suggested that we could go in through the back (the pantry is behind) to move the faucet forward. Is this even possible?

20170101_144259.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The plumber mounted the faucet against the wall like he was SUPPOSED to do. It is not his fault that you did NOT consider the faucet when the sink was mounted.

ckatz

Reaction score
I'm not implying that the plumber did anything wrong. My contractor didn't ask if I was going to have a backsplash so the plumber wouldn't have known. The counter guy didn't measure the length of the spout when templating the counter and didn't discuss the sink position with anyone. I was hoping I could get the faucet to come out a little further but at this point the best option is to rebuild the vanity.

Reach4

Reaction score
Do you know the make and model of that spout? How long is that current spout?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
No matter who goofed, it's not the end of the world.

From the pantry, cut the drywall between the studs around the faucet, then move the rough in valve which is mounted on a 2x4 block to the desired location, then screw the block in place, replace the drywall, mud and paint.

ckatz

Reaction score
No matter who goofed, it's not the end of the world.

From the pantry, cut the drywall between the studs around the faucet, then move the rough in valve which is mounted on a 2x4 block to the desired location, then screw the block in place, replace the drywall, mud and paint.
Thanks DJ2... that was suggested by someone - who wasn't a plumber - wasn't sure that was possible.
Do you know the make and model of that spout? How long is that current spout?
Reach4 its Rubinet Hexis - longest wall mount spout they have :(

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks DJ2... that was suggested by someone - who wasn't a plumber - wasn't sure that was possible.

Reach4 its Rubinet Hexis - longest wall mount spout they have :(
I was hoping to see how the spout mounted, and see if I could find a similar-enough spout that was longer. The dj2 idea of building out the plumbing into the bathroom, and then boxing and finishing the extension sounds good. You could make it look planned, giving you a handy little shelf. You could top that ledge/shelf with a piece of glass or matching marble.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There is NOTHING the plumber could have done, regardless of any additional information. The faucet has ONE "ideal" position in the wall and it cannot be moved further in or out without causing, sometimes incorrectable, problems. Once the faucet is installed, the countertop company has to position the sink to fit it, but the would have to know where the spout was going to end up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks