How can I check the pressure on Pro-Source pressure tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

agcotton

Reaction score
Hi folks! All the videos online show pressure tanks with an easy pressure gauge on top. Well, mine doesn't have that.

I've drained the tank and want to get a reading on it so I can refill it.

Attached are a couple of photos showing my setup. Well pump is really short cycling and I think it's pressure tank related.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0912.jpg
    IMG_0912.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 31

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That is just an air over water tank, not a bladder or diaphragm tank. Not a very big one either. You can add air at any one of the three Schrader valves until air starts coming out of the Air Volume Control screwed into the tank just below the gauge.

If your bleeder system down the well is absent or not working you will have to add air regularly. Wouldn't use an old style air over water tank unless I was trying to get of iron or sulfur.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks