Hot water takes a long time to reach faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

DMZ

Reaction score
I have recently changed out a cartage in a bathroom sink. To do this I had to turn off water to the house for several hours. Once things were fixed, it now takes several minutes for hot water to reach ALL faucets.

In researching things, I'm suspect of the Grundfos hot water recirculation pump. The unit is burning hot but still feels like it is vibrating and potentially working. I've turned it off, banged on it, etc. but still have the same issue. All piping to the pump is burning hot too...like the water is just not passing through.

I need some suggestions on what to check, fix, tweak, replace so that I have hot water in an instant, like I did before the issue.

Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the water is hot on the inlet to the pump, and cold on the outlet, either the pump is bad or the check valve is stuck, or the cross-over or return is clogged, preventing water from being able to flow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks