Hot water pressure drop in one section of house

Users who are viewing this thread

Singularety

Reaction score
Ok...help..
1. Was having issues with hot water and checked the hot water heater and found an element out. Replaced both elements and thermostats and cleaned out several pounds of white sediment from bottom of tank... looks like it was flaking off the elements..
2. Now I have a single story house with a concrete foundation.
3. First stop along the hot water "way" has good pressure in kitchen.
4. Guest Bathroom with bathtub and sink both have fantastic pressure and heat from water.
5. master bath and shower has almost no pressure. I have removed the shower head and faucet head and water barely leaks out of pipe. I believe I have a calcite deposit (?) stuck in the pipe.

Is there anything I can do? Or do I need to call a professional.
I am down to removing the hot water faucet to see if it is plugged there...

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some faucets and valves have screen prefilters, plus the vanity likely has an aerator. You may have to take those out and clean them.

Singularety

Reaction score
Thanks but

Ok..read step 5...

Bare pipe from wall under vanity and from shower pipe...Any OTHER suggestions please...

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might be able to try an air compressor, or hook the cold into the hot and try to backflush it from the affected bathroom. See what the pros have to say...

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would remove the cartridges or valve stems (whichever you have) from both your shower faucet and your lav faucet, rinse them off and then flush out the lines.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks