Hot water out on tub replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Westallstar00

Reaction score
I am replacing my yellow tub with a white acrylic tub. I turned off the water to our bathrooms 2 days ago to start demo and have turned it back on whenever I'm not working on it. Today I determined I needed to raise the faucet to accommodate the taller tub. Figuring this would be a good opportunity to add shutoff valves, put in a ball valve and 4" piece of copper before the mixing valve.

Got everything sweated together, turned on the water, and no leaks. Try to turn on the water to the tub and have cold water but no hot water. I have hot water every other faucet on the line, but not the tub. Confused, I took apart the newly soldered components to see if I got solder anywhere or screwed up the valve, but saw nothing. Put everything back together and still have no hot water.

Very confused about this and don't even know where to start looking. Any help or suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks