Hot water boiler installation

Users who are viewing this thread

BobScott

Reaction score
We are looking to install two 250,000 btu boilers and two 110 gallon holding tanks to provide hot water to a 40 unit apartment building. What would be the best way to install them to get the most redundancy and efficiency? (each feed tank individually, then join them after the tanks, in sequence, etc?)
Thanks.

Tk03

Reaction score
Are these mod/cons or cast iron boilers. Use indirect water heaters for the hot water. Whose tanks are you using?
Piping will depend on boilers

BobScott

Reaction score
These are Lars copper core boilers. We were not planning on using tanks with a coil.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
bob, I would probably stage fire the boilers and run the water tanks in paralell

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
They fire to demand. On low demand a single boiler fires, as demand increases the 2nd boiler cuts in. Re-set modulating controls would be a very good addition also.

Tk03

Reaction score
I would agree with Tom about stage firing. I would probably pipe them as reverse return to balance the flow between the tanks.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Post a diagram of that reverse return for the tanks. I wann see that one LOL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks