hose spigot

Users who are viewing this thread

BenWara

Reaction score
Need some help please. I've been googling this and can't find anything. Right now I have two hose spigots on my house. they are plumbed with 1/2" pex. I'm trying to establish my yard and don't wanna throw down on a in ground sprinkler system. So i bought a splitter for each spigot and laid out some hoses with sprinklers attached. The idea was i could walk up, crack on the spigot, and all the sprinklers would water my grass.

only problem is not enough gallons to power more than one sprinkler. So i wanted to plumb in new spigots with 3/4 pex and maybe have a better result. The guy at my home store said no one makes an anti freeze type spigot that will have better flow. he also said that plumbing even the spigot i have now with 3/4 pex (instead of 1/2) will not give me any advantage. is he right?

he showed me how i could plumb a spigot with bigger diameter supply line but it would have to be winterized. I wanted to kinda stay away from that. we have crazy weather sometimes. I've cut my grass the day before a blizzard.

thanks for any help.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The actual opening in the faucet is probably what is limiting the flow, unless you have a long pipe going to the faucet, and that is the same regardless of the size of the faucet.

BenWara

Reaction score
I noticed all the spigots have tiny holes right in the beginning where the supply line connects. It looks like there is a ball or something in there... must be for the anti freeze.

so the main questions I have still is:
1)does anyone make one that has a bigger hole in it and will be anti freeze type?

2) will running bigger pex to the one I already have help? I know that tiny hold is restrictive, but still i kinda think it might help, might not, i'm not sure. and what size would be suggested, generally speaking.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The pex size is probably at least part of the problem. But how many gpm do you need to get? Looking for a bibb may not solve that whole issue?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks