Hose pressure not keeping up

Users who are viewing this thread

dedave

Reaction score
came home well pump breaker was thrown kicked it back on no pressure at all in the tank set it back to 38 psi and adjusted the switch to 40 and 62 house works fine but when you fill the hot tub it gets stuck at 20 turn off the hose and it works fine kicks back on at 40 and goes up? any advice

dedave

Reaction score
Sounds like you are just using all the water the pump can produce. What was the pressure previously when you filled the tub?
after I reset everything it hold fine at 60 when it drops below 40 it kicks back on and goes up interment like 5 pounds every 30 sec. never had a problem before haven't had no rain in a while could that be it, just strange breaker tripped then no pressure in tank at all had to pump it back up where I live theres usually no problem with water surrounded by wetlands didn't know how to decipher between bad pump no water or bad bladder or switch

dedave

Reaction score
might have spoke to soon now no pressure both contacts on the switch are engaged but nothing not pumping up stuck new switch?

dedave

Reaction score
pumps trying just like 4# every 30 seconds I have a bypass before the pressure tank and tons of pressure coming straight from the well seems like when the pump kicks on should it be steady running to go back up to pressure

dedave

Reaction score
so tanks keeping pressure at 65 if we take a shower or do wash once it gets below 40 it cant keep up it just losses pressure switch engages but doesn't kick on

dedave

Reaction score
heres more info tank was at 65 turned on washer watched pressure when it hit 40 kicked on for 3 sec created 34# kicked off went down to 38# kicked on 3 sec created 3# stopped went down to 35# and so on switch is closed but not steady running shouldn't the contacts close when pump stops pump doesn't stay on long enough to make up for water lost

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The overload in the motor is tripping. It resets itself in a minute or two and tries again. Sounds like you have gotten all the cycles you are going to get out of that pump. You didn't say how old the tank or pump is or what size they are, but my guess is the tank and pump are at the average life expectancy and you have used up your last start.

Check to see if you have 240V not just 120, and you can try a new control box if you have one, but I think it is time to pay the piper. If you want to make pumps and tanks last longer you have to stop or at least reduce the cycling.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks