Hose Bib Bonnet Packing

Users who are viewing this thread

go_hercules

Reaction score
I have a hose bib which leaks from the stem. I tried opening the valve and snugging up the packing nut. It slowed the leak but didn't completely fix it. Is the packing sold as a preformed piece, or only as the graphite type string? I am pretty sure I have seen the preformed ones that looked like a washer with a bell shape on top but don't recall for sure and am not sure what material they would have been. Thanks a lot.
I have a hose bib which leaks from the stem. I tried opening the valve and snugging up the packing nut. It slowed the leak but didn't completely fix it. Is the packing sold as a preformed piece, or only as the graphite type string? I am pretty sure I have seen the preformed ones that looked like a washer with a bell shape on top but don't recall for sure and am not sure what material they would have been. Thanks a lot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks