Horizontal wet venting questions.

Discussion in 'Illinois Plumbing Code Questions' started by cacrawfo, Dec 4, 2016.

1. cacrawfo

cacrawfo New Member

Hello,
    I have an Illinois wet venting question. Downstate, out in the country so no local inspector to ask.

Master bath group: double lav, shower stall, bathtub, toilet.
    I would like to wet vent the entire group with the lav. The house is a cathedral ceiling, so it is not possible to add more vents without more penetrations through the roof. Thus, trying to wet vent the whole group.

Is the top layout allowed? It seems the most elegant, least amount of fittings, and fits the physical layout of the fixtures as they exist on the floorplan. I know some feel that taking the toilet past the tub will pull the trap, but my question is: is this configuration allowed under Illinois code.

The bottom layout should work as well, but I think I would need to increase the wye where the tub comes in to 3". (too many DFU on horizontal 2" after the tub comes in.)

Thoughts?
    Thank you for your time.

[​IMG]

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    The second drawing. You want the toilet as the last fixture so it doesn't wash past anything else.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. cacrawfo

cacrawfo New Member

Terry,
    But is the top drawing a legal configuration under Illinois code?

5. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Test, Don't Guess!
    In the top drawing, the tub would need a seperate vent. Without it, the flow from the water closet would siphon the liquid out of the shower's trap.