Hooking up sub. well to a freezless Hyd.

Users who are viewing this thread

wingdude

Reaction score
I recently installed rural h2o to the house witch had well water. :) Now I want to hook the 1hp submersible pump up to a single freezless hydrant.
My question is electrically what's the best route.
I think that leaving the control box in the house and running the old pressure cutout switch wiring (about 30') outside to an outdoor approved on-off toggle switch located next to the hyd. would be the best option?
Your opinions please.
wingdude ;)

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
well

I hope you still have the original installation intact, with the storage tank and everything. And if so, then the toggle switch, probably a DPST one for 220, can be anywhere. Just turn it on when you think you will be using the water so the pump can pressurize the system before you need it.

wingdude

Reaction score
The preasure tank was bad, and leaving the system in place would have taken up more space in a very crowded deweling. Also it would have required running a inlet an outlet water lines to the preasure switch through the foundation. I figured it made more since to run the wires through the basement wall than the water lines.
I was told that you generaly don't want a preasure tank in a irragation system witch is eventualy what the well will be used for.
wingdude

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
"I think that leaving the control box in the house and running the old pressure cutout switch wiring (about 30') outside to an outdoor approved on-off toggle switch located next to the hyd. would be the best option?
Your opinions please."

If you have a 3 wire motor (requires a control baox above ground), you have to switch the power before the control box; as the pressure switch had done.

A 1 hp pump (but not knowing the wet end gpm) to feed ONE faucet! I think that with no pressure tank, the pump should have problems running without shutting off.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
system

Without a tank the pump will cycle continuously, probably on and off ever couple of seconds and will quickly destroy the contactor and motor. Besides your irrigation system going from full pressure to zero every time the pump cycles.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks