Honeywell gas valve

Users who are viewing this thread

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
I need to replace a Honeywell gas valve VR8204A2506. It is obsolete and I noticed there are a whole bunch of VR8204A valves with many, many different last 4 digits. In fact I pulled the manual for that valve and it doesn't even mention having the last 4 digits.

Does anyone know what the last 4 digits designate? Some versions of the valve are still available new, trying to find out what the differences are.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Call honeywell. They will redirect you to another company which I can't remember the name of. Once you give them your model number they will know what replacement is necessary.

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
Thanks John. Honeywell is a huge company. Any idea where to start? Who to call? Name of the division?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks John. Honeywell is a huge company. Any idea where to start? Who to call? Name of the division?
We would like to inform you that the product you are inquiring about is supported/manufactured by Resideo Technologies a Honeywell Trusted partner. You may contact the Resideo Product Support team at the below-mentioned details.

Phone (US/ Canada): 1-800-468-1502 (Residential HVAC Products)
Support Hours: (9am-8pm CST Monday-Friday) and (9am-5pm CST Saturday-Sunday)

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
Thanks John. That is immensely helpful. I appreciate it.

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
For future readers' reference:
Honeywell/Resideo tech line (see post #5 above) is very helpful and knowledgeable. I am impressed.
Yes this is a water heater gas valve
The last 4 digits are irrelevant. They are a manufacturing code having to do with intended customers, etc. Technically they are all the same and you can use any of them. They are still available new.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks