Honeywell AM-1 Chattering

Users who are viewing this thread

Aaroninnh

Reaction score
Just installed a thermostatic mixing valve, the Honeywell AM101-USTG-1LF. It chatters often when water is being called for, although not all the time. Its not super loud, you can only hear it standing in front of it. Just want to make sure this is normal, I can't seem to find any info on this.

Aaroninnh

Reaction score
If it helps, its the model with the unions which has integrated check valves on the hot and cold inlets.

Aaroninnh

Reaction score
Bumping this back up.

I did have an elbow within 2 inches of the cold inlet, and read that could cause check valve chatter. I replumbed it now and I don't have an elbow closer than 6 inches from either the hot or cold inlets where the check valves are.

On the mixed outlet, I do have a 90 degree elbow that starts 4.5 inches from the outlet.

The chattering seems to vary depending on the amount of water being called for, and the temp of the incoming hot water.

Its not loud enough to be annoying, but I just want to make sure this is normal and won't cause premature failure. Thoughts?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks