Home Inspection Site with Answers to Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Well this is one thing I found that is grossly incorrect:
If the water pump apparent "short cycle" is say 1-3 minutes this may be all your system can provide. If however something has changed, and the pump used to run longer, say 2-5 minutes, I suspect loss of air in the pressure tank or an internal problem in the tank (like a hole in the bladder if it's a "captive air" pressure tank). The problem of lost air in the water pressure tank along with how to correct that condition are discussed beginning at SIGNS OF AIR LOSS.

If the "short cycle" is very short, clicking on and off, there could be a different problem with the pump control pressure switch or with a dirty, clogged water filter if one is installed on the system. Dirty water filters as a source of rapid pump on-off cycling are discussed at CAUSES OF SHORT CYCLING.

They also say a PR valve is used to protect the tank... not necessarily so.

And I rooted around in their softener info and they're incorrect in some things there too...

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I've found them to be a good site for information. They may have some errors but most of what I've seen was spot on!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
site

I did not navigate very far through the site, because it appears to be task in itself to find what you need. But from what I did see, it looks like a "fill in the blanks" check list.

Mikept

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Home Inspection Site with Problems in Answers .

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I've found them to be a good site for information. They may have some errors but most of what I've seen was spot on!
In our society today we have many people that don't have much common sense or mechanical ability while being paranoid about being taken

So IMO a home inspection site should not have errors especially when the site puts itself out as having expert info done by a pro in the business.

An occasional error is one thing, repeated errors across different fields says that other info may be suspect if not incorrect.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
In what I have looked at on that site I did not see errors.
I guess you have found some congrats!
Most of what I have seen there was spot on!

I'm not going to adapt a holier than thou attitude but I think I might have seen an error or 2 here... Maybe it was even me:eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks