Home/hybrid system for bathrooms

Users who are viewing this thread

Gregkl

Reaction score
Hello, I did a search and all I could find is older threads so I hope you don't mind I started one.

I am remodeling two bathrooms. The master will have one shower with two valves and two shower heads (no sprays, or rainhead, etc), one toilet and two lavs. The other bath will have one tub/shower, one toilet and one lav. This bath will also have a washing machine.

I am thinking that I will run 3/4" Pex off the water heater about 12' to a manifold with 7 outlets. Run 1/2" pex to each hot. Those runs will be from as close as 5' to approx. 12'(master shower).

For the cold, I could do the same, but was thinking I would just use a trunk and branch to feed all the cold sides with 1/2" Pex.

Do you see any issues with this or do you have suggestions on how to make it better? I don't mind investing a little more time and money to optimize the system. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks