Hole in PVC waste line. Advice needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

ap8689

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

0284305C-D828-484B-AF03-8A87797018EE.jpeg

I’m looking for some pro advice on a DIY goof up. While installing a paper towel holder in my downstairs bathroom, I drilled a 1/4” hole in the drain coming from my upstairs shower/toilet drain. As far as I can tell, this is a 3” pipe and it’s inside a 2x4 stud wall. Since there was no wiggle room for a coupler, I used some JB Waterweld to plug the hole. I made sure to sand and clean the area around the hole prior to plugging . Will this hold up or should I try another method to ensure no leaks down the road?

2918B677-81E0-4438-A91B-BBC583D4FCC3.jpeg

ap8689

Reaction score
If you didn't mind shaving the drywall where it would meet the pipe, a slip coupling cut in half with primer and glue.
I like to cut a little larger on one side so that it snaps on. Not that it would matter though.
Thank you, sir. I think I’ll try that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks