HighTDS

Users who are viewing this thread

John B H

Reaction score
Drilled a well about four years ago at 110 feet. Just put a pump in it. TDS measure about 6800. Spring water running nearby is about 150. I have limestone about 20-30 feet down, spring water runs on top of that but seasonal. My question is can I get the TDS down to an acceptable level? Can reverse osmosis handle TDS at this level?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I think you are going to want to filter before the RO system as much as possible. I will move this thread to the water softener as there are some good people there who know more about this kind of thing.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
High tds can be handled by an RO but a thorough water analysis is needed. Once I have the proportions of what makes up the TDS we can put the info into our software to determine the best RO setup. These numbers are critical in order for the ro to be designed correctly and for the membranes to have any life/efficiency. Kar Labs or NTL Labs are my preferred testing labs.

Reach4

Reaction score
I have limestone about 20-30 feet down, spring water runs on top of that but seasonal.
The spring may be seasonal, but I wonder if a 27 ft dug, or wide drilled, well would be seasonal. Kansas? Yeah, probably seasonal. But it would be interesting if it weren't.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks