High pressure water pumping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Number21

Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with a high pressure, high volume "wash down" pump for my shop. I have plenty of water from the city but it's only about 50 PSI. I have a commercial 3/4" x 100' water hose rated for 500 PSI and a spray nozzle rated for 200 PSI. What kind of pump do I need to push these kinds of pressures at a high flow rate? All the pressure booster/sprinkler/fire type pumps I've looked at stop at less than 100 PSI.

I have a pressure washer for high pressure jobs, but sometimes having a large flow rate is more important...

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
There are submersible pumps designed to go into very deep wells that can easy exceed 500 PSI. You didn't say how many GPM you expect from it.

bcpumpguy

Reaction score
vertical booster will do that nicely, meyers, berkeley and goulds also sell a horizontal multistage which is basically a jetpump motor with submersible pump end tied on. Note that if you want two hundred psi the 50 coming will add to whatever it is that the pump can do. what size city line do you have coming in? if its small you might have 50 psi but not much flow.

edit: did not see ballvalve's post, thats what i would use, or a vertical booster like the meyers mv series, grundfoss cr etc.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks