High loop

Users who are viewing this thread

thebaron

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have been reading and reading on here. I like to do most of my work myself and tend to over research sometimes. My question is, I will be running my DW drain through my cabinets. My setup is a L shaped kitchen. The DW to the sink cabinet is around 8'. I fully understand why I need a high loop. Is it just personal preference as to run the drain on cabinet bottom vs securing it to cabinet top. If I secure it to the top my plan was to drill a hole in bottom of cabinet and go vertical to right under counter continue around L shape to the sink cabinet where I will pitch it straight down to drain. Or would it be better to drill hole in cabinet go along the bottom of cabinets to the sink cabinet where I will then do a high loop to under the counter the pitch to drain. Would both of these accomplish the same? Is one better than the other? I've read on hear different opinions. For the record there is no disposal and the dishwasher drain spout is already plumbed in correctly
Thanks in advance Brian

Stuff

Reaction score
Best to go high as soon as you can. Then let gravity assist draining the line. Make sure that it is supported without drooping low spots.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks