Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Article by David Rider of the Star

Unbelievable things are happening in toilets – and that's not crap.

While consumers watch high-tech firms relentlessly one-up each other with digital wizardry, a similar war is being fought under our, um, noses.

http://www.thestar.com/article/265074

Single-flush HET Eco Drake $239.99 for regular bowl

Dual-flush Aquia $379.99 for elongated bowl
We have plenty of TOTO Aquia toilets for the Seattle area now.
We just picked up 40 of them.
11/6/2007

Last edited:

mike95060

Reaction score
Re: High-efficiency toilets are the way to go

In that Toronto Star article it says: "There is a limit – 3.8 litres (per flush) is probably the lowest we'll get," says Gauley. "You still have to get the matter down the drain line and our tests say that's what it takes."

I had the Eco Toto installed a couple of weeks ago and as I said in another thread it seems to be working just fine (actually better and quieter than my old inefficient toilet) with very little water. I did wonder about keeping the drain line working in my 50 year old house. Am I correct in assuming that it is only necessary to have the "matter" moved a fairly short distance down to my main drain line where it meets the waste water from the rest of the house?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the lines are sloped right, the flush should take it all the way to the main.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks