Hi may I run an horizontal soil pipe in the middle of the basent wall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nixgnoy

Reaction score
Hi I have 2 soil stacks in my house and I want to join them together in the basement. But part of them will be horizontal more than 15', my questions are that:
1) should I need to add a clean out at point A?
2)should I need to add a vent pipe at point B?
3) anything need to be modified? For example at Area 'C'?
Thank you very very much!
image.jpg

Nixgnoy

Reaction score
Plus, if I need vent, should I need to use 2" vent pipe? Thank you very much!

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Anything more that five feet gets a cleanout.
A vent is for a p-trap. If you have any fixtures that connect to that stack, you will vent each one.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
1. You do not need a vent pipe
2. A cleanout at that location might look nice but would have no function as long as you install the one needed at "C".

RoyPur

Just trying to help
Reaction score
Website
www.ussseaowl.com
Hi I have 2 soil stacks in my house and I want to join them together in the basement. But part of them will be horizontal more than 15', my questions are that:
1) should I need to add a clean out at point A?
2)should I need to add a vent pipe at point B?
3) anything need to be modified? For example at Area 'C'?
Thank you very very much!
View attachment 27366

I would put a Street Tee in the area of A's elbow, don't use a elbow there, put a Street Tee with a clean out adapter so that you can snake the horizontal line running over toward A. Run your 15' horizontal line directly into the vertical line of C using a Hub/Hub/Hub there, using one of these hubs for a clean out, you don't need all those other fittings. From this last fitting the 3 Hubs....you can use this for your last clean out leading into the main.

Hope this helps

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks