Here's my bath plan...will this fly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm putting a bathroom in the attic of my old Craftsman. I want to make sure I'm doing things safe and that I can pass inspection. So I have a few questions.

1) Going by Oregon's version of the UPC it looks like I'm limited to a total of 90 degrees of direction change in the 1.5" trap arm going to the bath. In my case I've got the 90* at the combo + a long turn 90 = 180! Am I interpreting this correctly and is a clean-out the solution?

2) The wet vent section (from the lavs to the 3x2 san tee) is 11.5 feet. Can I use 2" for this? It seems like I might siphon a trap with just 2" on an 11.5' run but what could I siphon? The lavs have a dry vent nearby.

3) I brought the new, 3" waste stack up from the basement through a wall cavity in the first floor. This first floor wall is not on the perimeter of the house. Where this new stack comes up into the attic is directly under where I'd like to put the new toilet. Within the attic joist bay, can I have the 3" stack terminate in a 3x2 san tee, capped by a closet flange? No closet bend at all? In my case, is a 3x2 san tee the appropriate fitting under the WC?

I hope this all makes sense. Let me know what you think and what I got wrong. The trap arm on the shower is less than 60" though it may not look like it. Likewise, the tub trap arm is under 42".

Thanks
Chad
plumbing_rough_in.jpg

Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I think you need to look at direction of flow, because the drawing does not.

The dry pipe running across the room for a cleanout? No.

Every fixture trap needs to be vented. Wet vents are commonly done through a lav vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks